Renew Health Through ANS And Vagal Nerve Balance
Tuesday, March 5th, 2024
4pm PT / 5pm MT / 7pm ET
Presented By: Dr. Melina Roberts, ND
The autonomic nervous system (ANS) regulates all vital functions in the body. The sympathetic system provides energy and activates the ‘fight-or-flight’ response and the parasympathetic signals to the body to rest, relax, and digest, with the vagal nerve essential for a healthy response. As an involuntary system, the ANS is out of conscious control and when stressed, is often difficult to balance.
Join Dr. Melina Roberts, ND to learn how to get the body back in balance and start healing again! Behind most chronic conditions is a dysregulated ANS response. This negatively affects vital physiological processes causing poor digestion, stressed adrenals, hormonal imbalance, high blood pressure, increased heart rate and respiration, and poor cell regeneration. Dr. Roberts will teach you how to assess for ANS imbalance, explain the importance of the vagal nerve, and discuss key stressors that block self-healing mechanisms. A balanced ANS and vagal nerve is essential for all kinds of healing and overall health.
Practical discussion for:
- Why is the ANS important to consider in all patient care.
- Overview of the ANS (autonomic nervous system).
- What symptoms indicate ANS imbalance?
- The importance of vagal nerve function.
- How to measure and assess ANS health.
- Heart Rate Variability (HRT) and how to read the results.
- The relationship between HRT and the vagal nerve.
- How to resolve the 6 Stressors that ‘wear’ down the nervous system:
- Environmental toxins
- Heavy Metals
- Mechanical stressors
- Emotional stressors
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Optimize your Brain LIVE ONLINE Webinar:
Discover the 3 keys to releasing trauma from your body with Q&A
CLICK HERE to register. LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE
Click HERE to learn more
Gut Health 2.0 Masters Series
Dr. Melina Roberts is one of the health experts teaching in this Gut Health 2.0 Masters Series.
Click here to learn more about it.
Here is a discount coupon code: guthealth50
Register for the WEBINAR here.
Lunch and Learn Workshops
At Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre we are committed to community outreach and dedicated to educating the community on health issues. The NDs at ANMC graciously volunteer their time to give talks in the the community to raise people’s health knowledge. If you are interested in a workshop, please give our clinic a call to arrange at 403-247-4646 or email us at email@example.com.
These are workshops that are done during the lunch hour. These workshops can be arranged at other times that are convenient for you, just give our clinic a call to schedule your workshop.
During this workshop you will find out about the most up to date research on women’s health, you will learn ways to improve longevity and ways to balance your hormones. Many women’s health problems such as menopause, osteoporosis, infertility and PMS are directly linked to an imbalance of female hormones. This seminar will explore a natural approach to balancing your body, improving your health and truly enjoying life.
Many people suffer from digestive issues such as gas, bloating, acid reflux, constipation, diarrhea, abdominal discomfort. This workshop will explore the causes of digestive problems, solutions to resolving and healing the gut.
In our fast-paced society stress has become a way of life. Stress is a normal physical response to feeling a threat. The problem is when your body is in a constant state of stress this causes your nervous system to become out of balance. By learning the signs and symptoms of stress you can protect yourself and reduce the harmful effects of stress on your body.
Healthy Eating and Balancing Your Metabolism
By optimizing your hormones, digestion, and biochemistry, we can boost your metabolism and propel your body into healthy weight loss. Learn how to get your body into better balance and lose weight in the process.
As we head into the winter months a strong immune system is important to combat viral infections, but it also plays a role in preventing chronic disease and cancer. This seminar will explore a natural approach to supporting your immune system, balancing your body and improving your health.
Schedule Yours Today!
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest speaker at The 5th Annual International Calgary Fermentation Festival speaking on The Microbiome-Terrain Connection: Build Your Health From The Ground Up on Friday November 18th at The Light Cellar.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest expert on Going Integrative Plus with Ryan Sternagel Q&A call. Answering your toughest cancer and chronic disease questions LIVE on September 1st.
- Dr. Melina Roberts presented a lunch and learn for Quantifi on Immune Health on August 24th.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a speaker at the 2022 Toronto Naturopathic Conference: Frontiers in Naturopathic Medicine on April 23 and 24. Dr. Roberts presented on Building a Solid Foundation in Childhood to Prevent Chronic Disease.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest on Helping Children Thrive with Momina Salim speaking about How to Build a Healthy Child.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest on The Beats with Kelly Kennedy speaking about How to Build a Healthy Child. Or watch on YouTube.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest on Healthy Hormones for Women with Samantha Gladish speaking about Keep Your Microbiome Healthy, Improving Electrical Conductivity and Phyto-Hormones.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest on The Science of Self-Healing with Dr. Sharon Stills speaking about Therapies Used in Bioregulatory Medicine.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest on Myers Detox Podcast with Wendy Myers speaking about The Pros and Cons of IV Chelation Therapy. Or watch on YouTube.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest on The Keto Diet Podcast with Leanne Vogel speaking about Understanding and Avoiding Cancer. Or watch on YouTube.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest on The Beats with Kelly Kennedy speaking about Self-Regulation and Scars. Or watch on YouTube.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest on Women Wired for Wellness hosted by Dr. Nisha Chellam speaking about How Good Gut Health Helps you Build a Healthy Child. Or on YouTube.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest speaker at the 3rd Annual Calgary Fermentation Festival virtual edition speaking on the topic of Virus and the Microbiome: A Paradigm Shift in Immune Health on November 16th.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest speaker at Keto Santiago 2020 speaking about Gut Health on November 14th.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was one the guest speakers at Designs for Health Mastermind Virtual Summit on November 7 & 8 speaking about Optimizing Patient Potential and Clinical Outcomes through Exogenous Ketones
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest on The Keto Woman Podcast hosted by Daisy Brackenhall speaking about Using Keto to Help Treat Cancer and Gallbladder Issues. Or on YouTube.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest on The Sacred Medicine Podcast hosted by Margaret Romero speaking about Raising a Healthy Child.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest on THE CANCER SUMMIT hosted by The Rich Solution with Gwen Rich speaking about Building the Anti-Cancer Terrain. You can also watch it on YouTube or FACEBOOK.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest on The Aromatherapist Podcast with Cheryl Whitten speaking about Building a Healthy Child.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest on Funk’tional Nutrition Podcast with Erin Holt speaking about Building a Healthy Child.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest on Health Hero Show with Tim James speaking about How to Build a Healthy Child. Or watch on YouTube.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest on Discover Health with Dr. Trish Murray speaking about Biological Medicine and Cancer.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest on Low Tox Life Podcast with Alexx Stuart speaking about Digestive Health in a High Tox World.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest on Healthy in Real Life speaking about Digestive Health and Building a Healthy Immune System.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest on Plantbased, Not Perfect with Elizabeth Coe speaking about Healing Cancer Naturally.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest on The Mindful Movement with Les Raymond speaking about Healing the Body: Begin with the Gut. Or you can watch on YouTube.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest on 15-Minute Matrix podcast with Andrea Nakayama speaking about the Gallbladder.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest on Nutrition Hero with Dr. Brad Watt speaking about supporting pediatric patients.
- Dr. Melina Roberts did a LIVE WEBINAR: How your Immune System works and how to make it work better with Malcolm Saunders of the Light Cellar.
- Dr. Melina Roberts taught a webinar for BioMed for health care practitioners on Beyond the Gut: The Microbiome and Mental Health on May 5th.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest on The Rich Solution Radio Show speaking on the topic of Social Isolation and the Immune System.
- Dr. Melina Roberts’ e-course Heal the Gut was a featured product on the Healthy Gut Super Stack.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest expert on LIVE Interview about Keto Lifestyle during COVID19.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was one of the experts interviewed in the Immunity Community Series speaking about Boosting Immunity Through Building a Healthy Terrain.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest on The Rich Solution Radio Show speaking on the topic of Building an Anti-Viral Terrain.
- Dr. Melina Roberts spoke at the Vancouver Naturopathic Conference in Vancouver, BC on March 7th as a BIOMED International sponsored speaker on the topic of Beyond the Gut: Examining the Microbiome Influence on Mental Health.
- Dr. Melina Roberts spoke at the 9th Annual OncANP Naturopathic Oncology Conference in Scottsdale, AZ on Feb 28-Mar 1 on the topic of The Microenvironment: The Missing Link to Treating Cancer.
- Dr. Melina Roberts taught a workshop at the Light Cellar called Balance your Hormones on Thursday January 23rd.
- Dr. Melina Roberts did a LIVE FACEBOOK INTERVIEW with Malcolm Saunders of the Light Cellar about the Top 3 Myths about Hormonal Balance.
- Dr. Melina Roberts taught a workshop at the Light Cellar called Systematic Detox Program for Life-Long Health on Thursday November 21st
- Dr. Melina Roberts was one of the guest international speakers at Keto Puerto Rico on November 16 & 17 at the Puerto Rico Convention Center.
- Dr. Melina Roberts did a LIVE FACEBOOK INTERVIEW with Malcolm Saunders of the Light Cellar for a conversation about Detoxification and the 6 distinct differences that set this systematic approach apart from others
- Dr. Melina Roberts was interviewed at the Calgary Fermentation Festival on location on October 19th.
- Building Health with Dr. Melina Roberts podcast made the TOP 20 Naturopath Podcasts, ranking #8 in 2019.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was one of the speakers at Calgary Fermentation Festival on October 19th held at the Chinese Cultural Centre speaking about A Deeper Dive into the Microbiome: The Latest Research on Balancing the Microbiome and Healing the Gut
- Dr. Melina Roberts was in a LIVE FACEBOOK Interview with Malcolm Saunders, the owner of Light Cellar, and discover the 5 ways that the gut and brain are connected.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was interviewed about her book Building a Healthy Child on the Authors Voice.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was the mediator and speaker at the 10th International Conference of Alternative Medicine in London UK August 25th and 26th, speaking about The Link Between the Microenvironment and Chronic Disease.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was interviewed on Caribbean Traveling Network in Dominican Republic on Aug 14th.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was an international guest speaker at Keto Dominican Republic event August 14th and 15th, speaking about Keto for Longevity.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was one of the experts interviewed for the Anti-Cancer Revolution event June 17-23.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was a guest speaker at Light Cellar speaking on the topic of Balance Your Thyroid on June 9th at the Re-Location Open House Event.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was the Spotlight Feature in Pascoe’s June newsletter.
- Dr. Melina Roberts is an expert interviewed in the BioMed video.
- 7 Causes of Thyroid Dysfunction by Dr. Melina Roberts was featured in Food Matters.
- Dr. Roberts wrote Food and Moods in the Amber Approved Magazine Winter 2016 edition.
- Dr. Roberts spoke on the topic of Healthy Gut, Healthy Body: Healing the Gut with Biological Medicine for BIOMED in Edmonton, AB on November 24th.
- Advanced Naturopathic was a proud sponsor of the 9th Annual Candy Buy Back Event on November 2nd at Evans Dental Health and Wellness.
- Dr. Roberts was a sponsored speaker at the British Columbia Naturopathic Association Conference in Vancouver, BC by BIOMED speaking on the topic of How to Truly Prevent Chronic Disease: Building a Healthy Child on October 28th.
- Dr. Roberts spoke on the topic of Healthy Gut, Healthy Body: Healing the Gut with Biological Medicine for BIOMED in Calgary, AB on September 29th.
- Dr. Roberts was a guest speaker at the Light Cellar Open House on Sunday July 31st where she spoke about Healthy Gut, Healthy Body.
- Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre sponsored the Amber Approved Stampede Breakfast on July 13th at Hotel Arts.
- Dr. Roberts was a guest on NaturalHealth365 for a Radio Interview hosted by Jonathan Landsman on Sunday June 19th on the topic of Building a Healthy Child.
- Dr. Roberts presented a webinar for Association of Perinatal Naturopathic Doctors (APND) about Building a Healthy Child on May 10th.
- Building a Healthy Child book was featured in Biological Medicine Network April Newsletter.
- Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre hosted a Movie Screening of “Evidence of Harm” on April 21st at the Silver Springs Golf and Country Club.
- Dr. Roberts attended the 5th Annual OncANP Naturopathic Oncology Conference in Pheonix, Arizona on February 26-28, 2016
- Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre was happy to support and sponsor the Candy Buy Back Event 2015 on November 2nd at Evans Dental Health and Wellness.
- Deborah Nichol, host of Be Happy Radio, interviews Dr. Melina Roberts of Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre about the Importance of Digestive Health that aired on September 2nd.
- Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre were proud Platinum Sponsors of the 2nd Annual Amber Approved Calgary Stampede Breakfast at Hotel Arts on Wednesday, July 8th.
- Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre had a booth at the Strathmore 2015 Alberta 55 Plus Summer Games, Health and Wellness Fair on Friday July 17th.
- Dr. Julie Miller presented on “Perimenopause: The Hormonal Roller Coaster” at the Calgary Anti-Aging Beauty and Wellness Expo on October 18th.
- Dr. Roberts wrote the introduction and is a contributing author of Immune Health in IMPACT Magazine Sept/Oct 2014 Issue
- Dr. Roberts is a contributing author of Brain Health in IMPACT Magazine July/Aug 2014 Issue
- Dr. Roberts did a talk on Biological Medicine at a Dental Clinic on July 3, 2014
- Dr. Roberts is a contributing author of Anti-Inflammatories in IMPACT Magazine May/June 2014 Issue
- Dr. Roberts is a contributing author of Sport Performance in IMPACT Magazine Mar/Apr 2014 Issue
- Dr. Roberts is a contributing author of Women’s Health in IMPACT Magazine Nov/Dec 2013 Issue.
- Dr. Roberts wrote the introduction and is a contributing author of Taking Care of your Heart in IMPACT MagazineSept/Oct 2013 Issue.
- Dr. Roberts is a contributing author of Adaptogens in IMPACT Magazine July/Aug 2013 Issue.
- Dr. Roberts was invited to do a Lunch and Learn Talk on Wednesday, May 29th, 2013 at Government of Alberta – Alberta Infrastructure on Taking Care of Your Aging Parents.
- Dr. Roberts was invited to do a Lunch and Learn Talk on Monday, May 13th, 2013 at Dr. Antosz’s office to do a talk on Biological Medicine.
- Dr. Roberts was invited by Amaranth Whole Food Market to do a talk at YMCA Crowfoot on Taking Care of Your Aging Parents on Wednesday, March 13th. She discussed her personal experience with her parent’s and patient’s health challenges and how important it was to understand what all your options are before making decisions. She also discussed the naturopathic approach to chronic health issues as a true option with great effectiveness.
- Dr. Roberts conducted a talk at Planet Organic Market – Calgary Shaganappi North on January 31st, 2013 onRestoring Digestive Health. She discussed the causes of common digestive disorders, ways to improve digestion naturally and solutions to repair, restore and heal digestive problems.
- Dr. Roberts did a Corporate Lunch and Learn Talk on Tuesday January 15th, 2013 at Longview Solutions on Naturopathic Medicine: A New Perspective on Health.
- Dr. Roberts conducted a talk at Planet Organic Calgary NW on Building Our Natural Immunity on Wednesday, November 28th, 2012. She discussed the immune system and the important role it plays in protecting our body from infections as well as chronic disease.
- Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre was happy to support and sponsor the Candy Buy Back Event 2012 on November 1st at Evans Dental Health and Wellness.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was invited as a guest speaker and co-presented with Dr. Jeff Scholten on “Healthy People Happy People”, a talk that explored how to boost your immune system, on Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 at the Danish Canadian Club.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was recognized as a TOP NATUROPATHIC DOCTOR by the International Association of Health Care Professionals that recognizes leading physicians in the world.
- On Thursday, September 13th we celebrated our First Year Anniversary by hosting a OPEN HOUSE at the clinic.
- Dr. Roberts was invited as a guest speaker at the Centre for Newcomers and gave a talk on Naturopathic Medicine and Healthy Eating Habits on August 14th.
- Dr. Roberts co-hosted along with Dr. Thom Evans DDS, Evans Dental Health & Wellness and Susie Stockham – Certified Healthy for Life Coach, a movie screening of Hungry for Change on Thursday, May 31, 2012.
- Dr. Roberts attended certification Prolotherapy, PRP and Stem-cell therapy Training Seminar conducted by The American Osteopathic Association Prolotherapy Integrative Pain Management on April 11 – 15th in Naples, Florida.
- Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre had a booth at Ladies Night of Indulgence on Friday, February 10th at the Edgemont Community Association.
- Dr. Roberts attended a Neural Manipulation: Neuromeningeal Manipulation: An Integrative Approach to Trauma workshop in Orange County on November 11th to 13th.
- Dr. Roberts was invited to a Women’s Group as a guest speaker on November 3rd to give a talk on The Aging Women and Your Health. She spoke about common health issues that affect the aging women and how to prevent and treat them.
- Dr. Roberts was invited to Ranchlands Montessori School as a guest speaker on October 24th to give a talk on Health Eating Habits to the Preschoolers. She spoke about how smart our bodies are and helped the children to identify ‘everyday’ foods from ‘sometimes’ foods.
- Dr. Roberts was invited to be a guest speaker as a hormone expert for a workshop on Stress, Hormones and your Health on September 27th at the Danish Canadian Club. Dr. Roberts spoke about the effects of stress on our hormones.
- Dr. Roberts took an Advanced Visceral Manipulation Course, New Manual Articular Approach with Dr. Jean-Pierre Barral himself in Santa Monica, California on July 21st to 23rd.
- As part of a health initiative for Halsall – Engineering Consultants, Dr. Roberts was invited to give a lunch & learn talk on Talking Care of Yourself on May 31st. This talk focused on obstacles to proper health and how to overcome them.
- Dr. Roberts participated in a Visceral Manipulation Dissection workshop in Phoenix, Arizona on May 20-22.
- Dr. Roberts attended a VisceralEmotional Relationships (VM6) workshop in Orange County, California on April 29th to May 1st.
- Dr. Roberts attended a Biological Medicine Symposium in San Diego, California on February 25th and 26th with the following notable speakers: Dr. Thomas Rau, Dr. Byron Braid, Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt.
- Dr. Roberts conducted a health talk on Healthy Weight Loss on Jan 13th at the Riverside Club. She spoke about optimizing your hormones, digestion and biochemistry to boost your metabolism and propel your body into healthy weight loss.
- Dr. Roberts conducted a health talk on Digestive Health on Nov 13th at the Riverside Club. She explored causes of digestive problems and solutions to resolving and healing the gut.
- Dr. Roberts was a guest speaker at Calgary’s Health, Fitness and Sport Expo on Sunday June 20th, speaking about Organ Health = Total Health. She also had a booth where she has doing live demonstrations of Visceral Manipulation.
- Dr. Roberts did a health talk on Organ Health = Total Health on Tuesday, June 8that the Riverside Club. She spoke about the importance of our organs ability to move freely and how that translates into optimal health.
- Dr. Roberts has a published article in Blush Magazine Spring 2010: “A Gentle Touch – Baby Massage soothes wee ones”