An Evening Gathering for Women on Breast Health
(based on the ‘Healthy Breast Foundations Program’ by Sat Dharam Kaur. N.D.)
Led by Dr. Tory Jackson ND
A conversation on breast health, evaluating our risk factors and integrating protective strategies.
Listen, share and meet others who are making conscious choices to improve breast and overall health.
WHEN: Tuesday October 10th, 7:00- 8:30 pm
WHERE: Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre, Suite 414, 4935 40 Ave NW
COST: $20 (Includes alcohol-free libations and exciting edibles)
Call the clinic to register: 403-247-4646
Lunch and Learn Workshops
At Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre we are committed to community outreach and dedicated to educating the community on health issues. The NDs at ANMC graciously volunteer their time to give talks in the the community to raise people’s health knowledge. If you are interested in a workshop, please give our clinic a call to arrange.
These are workshops that are done during the lunch hour. These workshops can be arranged at other times that are convenient for you, just give our clinic a call to schedule your workshop.
During this workshop you will find out about the most up to date research on women’s health, you will learn ways to improve longevity and ways to balance your hormones. Many women’s health problems such as menopause, osteoporosis, infertility and PMS are directly linked to an imbalance of female hormones. This seminar will explore a natural approach to balancing your body, improving your health and truly enjoying life.
Many people suffer from digestive issues such as gas, bloating, acid reflux, constipation, diarrhea, abdominal discomfort. This workshop will explore the causes of digestive problems, solutions to resolving and healing the gut.
In our fast-paced society stress has become a way of life. Stress is a normal physical response to feeling a threat. The problem is when your body is in a constant state of stress this causes your nervous system to become out of balance. By learning the signs and symptoms of stress you can protect yourself and reduce the harmful effects of stress on your body.
Healthy Eating and Balancing Your Metabolism
By optimizing your hormones, digestion, and biochemistry, we can boost your metabolism and propel your body into healthy weight loss. Learn how to get your body into better balance and lose weight in the process.
As we head into the winter months a strong immune system is important to combat viral infections, but it also plays a role in preventing chronic disease and cancer. This seminar will explore a natural approach to supporting your immune system, balancing your body and improving your health.
Schedule Yours Today!
- Dr. Roberts has a featured article in Amber Approved Magazine Fall 2017 edition entitled Heavy Metal Toxicity.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was invited as a guest speaker for Clinical Grand Rounds for MegaSpore on the topic of Building Children’s Microbiome.
- Dr. Roberts was a guest speaker at Planet Organic Supermarket on 130th Ave SE where she spoke about Healthy Gut, Healthy Body.
- Dr. Roberts has a featured article in FOOD MATTERS entitled 3 Reasons to Delay Introducing Peanuts into your Child’s Diet.
- Dr. Roberts wrote an article published in Amber Approved Magazine Summer 2017 edition entitled FOUR Important Functions of Vitamin D in the Body.
- Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre was awarded the Consumer Choice Award for Naturopathic Medicine in Calgary 2017.
- Dr. Melina Roberts conducted a webinar for BIOMED on Detoxification: Effective Biological Medicine Techniques on May 16th.
- Dr. Tory Jackson led a Breast Health Seminar at Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre on April 27th.
- Dr. Melina Roberts had a featured article How Stressed are you? in the Biological Medicine Network newsletter.
- Dr. Melina Roberts spoke at the Light Cellar about the Steps to Building a Healthy Microbiome in your Child on March 26th.
- Dr. Roberts has a published article in Amber Approved Magazine Spring 2017 entitled Are Peanuts Healthy? Is it Possible to Prevent Peanut Allergies?
- Dr. Roberts attended the 6th Annual OncANP Naturopathic Oncology Conference in Tempe, Arizona on February 17-19, 2017
- Dr. Roberts has a guest blog post on the University of Waterloo Alumni Blog entitled From Waterloo to Naturopathic Medicine.
- Dr. Roberts has a featured article FIVE Ways to Keep Our Kids Healthy in the Marion Institute Biological Medicine Network Newsletter.
- Dr. Roberts wrote Food and Moods in the Amber Approved Magazine Winter 2016 edition.
- Dr. Roberts spoke on the topic of Healthy Gut, Healthy Body: Healing the Gut with Biological Medicine for BIOMED in Edmonton, AB on November 24th.
- Advanced Naturopathic was a proud sponsor of the 9th Annual Candy Buy Back Event on November 2nd at Evans Dental Health and Wellness.
- Dr. Roberts was a sponsored speaker at the British Columbia Naturopathic Association Conference in Vancouver, BC by BIOMED speaking on the topic of How to Truly Prevent Chronic Disease: Building a Healthy Child.
- Dr. Roberts spoke on the topic of Healthy Gut, Healthy Body: Healing the Gut with Biological Medicine for BIOMED in Calgary, AB on September 29th.
- Dr. Roberts has an article in Amber Approved Magazine Sep/Oct 2016 issue entitled THREE Scenarios that may present as Adrenal Fatigue
- Dr. Roberts was a guest speaker at the Light Cellar Open House on Sunday July 31st where she spoke about Healthy Gut, Healthy Body.
- Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre sponsored the Amber Approved Stampede Breakfast on July 13th at Hotel Arts.
- Dr. Roberts has an article published in Amber Approved Magazine July/Aug 2016 Issue 5 Ways to Keep our Kids Healthy
- Dr. Roberts was a contributing author in Amber Approved Magazine July/Aug 2016 Issue 5 Insights to Uncovering the Underlying Cause
- Dr. Roberts was published in Amber Approved Magazine July/Aug 2016 Issue 6 Ways to Take care of your Skin
- Dr. Roberts was a guest on NaturalHealth365 for a Radio Interview hosted by Jonathan Landsman on Sunday June 19th on the topic of Building a Healthy Child.
- Dr. Roberts was published in FOOD MATTERS on May 9th: Five Ways to Improve Your Microbiome
- Dr. Roberts presented a webinar for Association of Perinatal Naturopathic Doctors (APND) about Building a Healthy Child on May 10th.
- Dr. Roberts was a contributing author to Amber Approved Magazine May/June 2016 Issue 5 Tips to Stay Healthy While Travelling
- Building a Healthy Child book was featured in Biological Medicine Network April Newsletter.
- Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre hosted a Movie Screening of “Evidence of Harm” on April 21st at the Silver Springs Golf and Country Club.
- Dr. Roberts presented a webinar for BioMed on The Biological Medicine Approach to Cancer on April 7th.
- Dr. Roberts was a contributing author to Amber Approved Magazine Mar/Apr 2016 issue writing Five Tips to Taking Control of Your Seasonal Allergies.
- Dr. Roberts attended the 5th Annual OncANP Naturopathic Oncology Conference in Pheonix, Arizona on February 26-28, 2016
- Dr. Roberts wrote an article Five Possible Blocks to a Good Night Sleep in Amber Approved Magazine Jan/Feb 2016.
- Dr. Roberts wrote an article Sugar and Its Effect on Our Immune System in Amber Approved Magazine Nov/Dec 2015.
- Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre was happy to support and sponsor the Candy Buy Back Event 2015 on November 2nd at Evans Dental Health and Wellness.
- Dr. Roberts was published in Food Matters in September 2015: 6 Ways to Improve Your Digestive Health
- Deborah Nichol, host of Be Happy Radio, interviews Dr. Melina Roberts of Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre about the Importance of Digestive Health that aired on September 2nd.
- Dr. Roberts wrote an article Five Ways to Build your Immune System and Prevent Colds and Flus in Amber Approved Magazine Sept/Oct 2015
- Dr. Roberts was a guest on NaturalHealth365 for a Radio Interview hosted by Jonathan Landsman on Sunday July 19th on the topic of Treating Cancer with Biological Medicine.
- Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre is featured in IMPACT Magazine July/August 2015 issue
- Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre is featured in Amber Approved Magazine July/August 2015 issue
- Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre were proud Platinum Sponsors of the 2nd Annual Amber Approved Calgary Stampede Breakfast at Hotel Arts on Wednesday, July 8th.
- Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre had a booth at the Strathmore 2015 Alberta 55 Plus Summer Games, Health and Wellness Fair on Friday July 17th.
- Dr. Roberts wrote an article Tips for Newly Diagnosed Celiac Disease in Amber Approved Magazine May/June 2015 issue
- Dr. Miller wrote an article Metabolic Sabotage: Four Hormone Imbalances that can Block your Weight Loss Efforts in Amber Approved Magazine Mar/Apr 2015 issue
- Dr. Roberts is a contributing author of Anti-oxidant, Anti-aging and Anti-cancer Health in IMPACT Magazine Nov/Dec 2014 Issue
- Dr. Julie Miller presented on “Perimenopause: The Hormonal Roller Coaster” at the Calgary Anti-Aging Beauty and Wellness Expo on October 18th.
- Dr. Roberts wrote the introduction and is a contributing author of Immune Health in IMPACT Magazine Sept/Oct 2014 Issue
- Dr. Roberts is a contributing author of Brain Health in IMPACT Magazine July/Aug 2014 Issue
- Dr. Roberts did a talk on Biological Medicine at a Dental Clinic on July 3, 2014
- Dr. Roberts is a contributing author of Anti-Inflammatories in IMPACT Magazine May/June 2014 Issue
- Dr. Roberts is a contributing author of Sport Performance in IMPACT Magazine Mar/Apr 2014 Issue
- Dr. Roberts is a contributing author of Women’s Health in IMPACT Magazine Nov/Dec 2013 Issue.
- Dr. Roberts wrote the introduction and is a contributing author of Taking Care of your Heart in IMPACT MagazineSept/Oct 2013 Issue.
- Dr. Roberts is a contributing author of Adaptogens in IMPACT Magazine July/Aug 2013 Issue.
- Dr. Roberts was invited to do a Lunch and Learn Talk on Wednesday, May 29th, 2013 at Government of Alberta – Alberta Infrastructure on Taking Care of Your Aging Parents.
- Dr. Roberts was invited to do a Lunch and Learn Talk on Monday, May 13th, 2013 at Dr. Antosz’s office to do a talk on Biological Medicine.
- Dr. Roberts was invited by Amaranth Whole Food Market to do a talk at YMCA Crowfoot on Taking Care of Your Aging Parents on Wednesday, March 13th. She discussed her personal experience with her parent’s and patient’s health challenges and how important it was to understand what all your options are before making decisions. She also discussed the naturopathic approach to chronic health issues as a true option with great effectiveness.
- Dr. Roberts conducted a talk at Planet Organic Market – Calgary Shaganappi North on January 31st, 2013 onRestoring Digestive Health. She discussed the causes of common digestive disorders, ways to improve digestion naturally and solutions to repair, restore and heal digestive problems.
- Dr. Roberts did a Corporate Lunch and Learn Talk on Tuesday January 15th, 2013 at Longview Solutions on Naturopathic Medicine: A New Perspective on Health.
- Dr. Roberts conducted a talk at Planet Organic Calgary NW on Building Our Natural Immunity on Wednesday, November 28th, 2012. She discussed the immune system and the important role it plays in protecting our body from infections as well as chronic disease.
- Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre was happy to support and sponsor the Candy Buy Back Event 2012 on November 1st at Evans Dental Health and Wellness.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was invited as a guest speaker and co-presented with Dr. Jeff Scholten on “Healthy People Happy People”, a talk that explored how to boost your immune system, on Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 at the Danish Canadian Club.
- Dr. Melina Roberts was recognized as a TOP NATUROPATHIC DOCTOR by the International Association of Health Care Professionals that recognizes leading physicians in the world.
- Dr. Roberts wrote an article for IMPACT Magazine September/October 2012: Ditch The Travel Bug
- On Thursday, September 13th we celebrated our First Year Anniversary by hosting a OPEN HOUSE at the clinic.
- Dr. Roberts was invited as a guest speaker at the Centre for Newcomers and gave a talk on Naturopathic Medicine and Healthy Eating Habits on August 14th.
- Dr. Roberts co-hosted along with Dr. Thom Evans DDS, Evans Dental Health & Wellness and Susie Stockham – Certified Healthy for Life Coach, a movie screening of Hungry for Change on Thursday, May 31, 2012.
- Dr. Roberts has a featured article in IMPACT Magazine May/June 2012: Helping High Performance Athletes Achieve Biochemical Efficiency
- Dr. Roberts attended certification Prolotherapy, PRP and Stem-cell therapy Training Seminar conducted by The American Osteopathic Association Prolotherapy Integrative Pain Management on April 11 – 15th in Naples, Florida.
- Advanced Naturopathic Medical Centre had a booth at Ladies Night of Indulgence on Friday, February 10th at the Edgemont Community Association.
- Dr. Roberts attended a Neural Manipulation: Neuromeningeal Manipulation: An Integrative Approach to Trauma workshop in Orange County on November 11th to 13th.
- Dr. Roberts was invited to a Women’s Group as a guest speaker on November 3rd to give a talk on The Aging Women and Your Health. She spoke about common health issues that affect the aging women and how to prevent and treat them.
- Dr. Roberts was invited to Ranchlands Montessori School as a guest speaker on October 24th to give a talk on Health Eating Habits to the Preschoolers. She spoke about how smart our bodies are and helped the children to identify ‘everyday’ foods from ‘sometimes’ foods.
- Dr. Roberts was invited to be a guest speaker as a hormone expert for a workshop on Stress, Hormones and your Health on September 27th at the Danish Canadian Club. Dr. Roberts spoke about the effects of stress on our hormones.
- Dr. Roberts took an Advanced Visceral Manipulation Course, New Manual Articular Approach with Dr. Jean-Pierre Barral himself in Santa Monica, California on July 21st to 23rd.
- As part of a health initiative for Halsall – Engineering Consultants, Dr. Roberts was invited to give a lunch & learn talk on Talking Care of Yourself on May 31st. This talk focused on obstacles to proper health and how to overcome them.
- Dr. Roberts participated in a Visceral Manipulation Dissection workshop in Phoenix, Arizona on May 20-22.
- Dr. Roberts attended a VisceralEmotional Relationships (VM6) workshop in Orange County, California on April 29th to May 1st.
- Dr. Roberts attended a Biological Medicine Symposium in San Diego, California on February 25th and 26th with the following notable speakers: Dr. Thomas Rau, Dr. Byron Braid, Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt.
- Dr. Roberts conducted a health talk on Healthy Weight Loss on Jan 13th at the Riverside Club. She spoke about optimizing your hormones, digestion and biochemistry to boost your metabolism and propel your body into healthy weight loss.
- Dr. Roberts conducted a health talk on Digestive Health on Nov 13th at the Riverside Club. She explored causes of digestive problems and solutions to resolving and healing the gut.
- Dr. Roberts was a guest speaker at Calgary’s Health, Fitness and Sport Expo on Sunday June 20th, speaking about Organ Health = Total Health. She also had a booth where she has doing live demonstrations of Visceral Manipulation.
- Dr. Roberts did a health talk on Organ Health = Total Health on Tuesday, June 8that the Riverside Club. She spoke about the importance of our organs ability to move freely and how that translates into optimal health.
- Dr. Roberts has a published article in Blush Magazine Spring 2010: “A Gentle Touch – Baby Massage soothes wee ones”