Buffalo Cauliflower Burger
Makes 4 servings.
1 head of Cauliflower
3/4 cup of Namaste gluten free flour
2 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
2 1/2 tsp of onion powder
2 tsp of cumin
2 tsp of paprika
3/4 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of ground pepper
1 cup of almond milk
1 cup of water
1 1/2 cups of gluten free bread crumbs
1/4 cup of butter
1 1/2 cups of Franks buffalo sauce
- Preheat oven to 450F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Remove the leafy parts and the stem of the cauliflower, and cut the cauliflower directly in half from top to bottom. Using the halfs, slice into 1″ thick slices.
- Mix the flour, spices, almond milk, and water together in a medium sized bowl until well combined. This should create a batter that sticks well to the cauliflower (not too runny, not too sticky. Adjust liquid and flour quantities as necessary.
- Place bread crumbs in another bowl that is shallow and wide enough for the cauli steaks.
- Begin to immerse the cauliflower steaks in the batter, and then into the bread crumbs. Coat the cauliflower steaks fully in both batter and bread crumbs for best results.
- Arrange the cauliflower on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, flipping half way through. When removed from the oven the steaks should have a crispy breaded coating.
- While the steaks are cooking, melt the butter on the stove top and combine with the hot sauce. Transfer to a shallow bowl and ensure that the sauce is well mixed.
- Dip the steaks into the hot sauce and ensure that they are well coated before returning to the oven. Bake for 20 more minutes, flipping half way through.
- Remove the cauliflower steaks from the oven and allow to cool. Serve on a gluten free bun with your favourite mayo, pickles, onion, and lettuce.