Quick Mexican Shakshuka
1/2 yellow pepper, or orange and red
3tbsp black beans
3 cloves of fresh garlic diced or pressed
5 -7 tablespoons of tomato sauce
1/2tbsp chili powder
sprinkle of cinnamon
salt and pepper to taste
1 organic egg
1/2cup of guacamole or 1/2 avocado
2tbsp manchego cheese
sprinkle of cayenne
Optional: ground beef, ground turkey or ground bison
- Put beans and tomato in frying pan with some butter on medium heat
- Add 5 -7 tablespoons of tomato sauce.
- You can also add ground beef, ground turkey or ground bison.
- Add cumin and chilli powder
- Sprinkle cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Also sprinkle of cayenne into the tomato mix while cooking
- In another frying pan bring water to a boil. Crack egg into the boiling water. Cook for three mins and use a spoon or ladle to scoop out egg.
- Plate and add guacamole or fresh avocado and a sprinkle of pepper and manchengo cheese.