Homemade Hearty Stew
2lbs Organic, grass-fed stewing beef (cubed)
1 cup Rice flour
3 cloves of fresh garlic (diced)
2tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
4 organic carrots (chopped)
1 cup of organic frozen peas
one cup of frozen butternut squash (cubed)
1/2 cup of organic snow peas
1/2 cup of organic tomato sauce
1L of organic beef broth
3 bay leaves
1/2tsp organic garlic powder
1/2tsp of onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
- Toss the beef in one cup of rice flour.
- Chop half an onion and add beef and onions to a warm frying pan that is coated with olive oil add three cloves of fresh garlic while the meat is browning.
- Brown the meat and onions and garlic. Add olive oil if the pan looks to dry.
- Add carrots, frozen peas, frozen butternut squash, snow peas, tomato sauce, beef broth, bay leaves, garlic powder, onion powder and salt and pepper together.
- Put all into a crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 6 hours.