Flaxseed Cinnamon Bun Muffins (based on a recipe from ‘The Keto Diet’ by Leanne
2 cups ground flax seeds
1/2 c. granulated xylitol or erythritol or 1/2 tsp liquid stevia
2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 Tablespoon baking powder
½ tsp. sea salt
5 large eggs
½ c. water, room temperature
1/3 c. melted coconut oil, or refined avocado oil, or melted ghee
2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350˚
- Line a 12-count muffin pan with paper liners or silicon cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk flax seeds with the erythritol or xylitol, cinnamon, baking
powder and salt until fully combined.
- Place the eggs, water, oil, vanilla in a blender. Add liquid stevia if this is the
sweetener option you’re using. Blend until foamy, about 30sec.
- Transfer the liquid mixture to the bowl with the flaxseed mixture. Stir with a spatula
just until incorporated.
- The batter will be very fluffy. Allow to sit for 3 minutes.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity 90% of the way full.
- Bake for 13 to 15 min until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Immediately take the muffins out of the pan to cool (inside the baking cups) for at
least 20 min to set.
Nutrients per muffin
Net carbs 2.3g