Chicken Bone Broth
2 lbs of organic chicken bones (approx. 2-3 full chicken carcasses)
2 chicken feet (adds more flavor and gelatin)
2 large Carrots
2 stalks of Celery
1 yellow onion
2 tbsp of Fresh parsley
1/2 tsp of Rosemary
1 bay leaf
½ tsp of Thyme
½ tsp sage
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp of whole peppercorns
Pinch of sea salt
2 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Add carrots, onions, celery, leek, parsnip to stock pot.
- Put bones and chicken feet on top of vegetables.
- Put rosemary, bay leaf, thyme, sage, peppercorns and salt on top of bones.
- Add cold filtered water to the stock pot with apple cider vinegar. (the acid helps the nutrients in the bones to become more available)
- Bring the pot to a boil and then simmer for 24hrs. In the first few hours scoop off the impurities that come to the surface and throw away.
- Add the garlic and parsley at the end.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Strain stock through a metal strainer.
- Ready to use or store in container in freezer.