Banana Bread (Paleo, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free)
½ cup coconut flour
½ cup flaxseed meal
2-3 Medium bananas
½ cup organic butter or coconut oil
½ cup chocolate chips
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup raw honey
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 8.5 x 4.5 loaf pan with butter/coconut oil or line the loaf pan with parchment paper
- Combine bananas, coconut flour, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, eggs, butter, vanilla extract and honey in blender or food processor.
- Pour mixture into a medium sized bowl and mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon all of the batter into the loaf pan and spread it out evenly with a scraper.
- Place in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the center is pierced with a toothpick and the toothpick comes out clean.
- Pull out of the oven and let it cool slightly (only for a minute or so) then carefully run a knife along the edges to make sure nothing is sticking and cautiously invert it onto your hand or a wire rack and flip it so the bottom is laying flat on the wire rack and let it cool for 20-30 minutes.