Fatigue is a common symptom that we see in our clinic.
- Chronic stress leads to dysregulation of the body’s stress systems, specifically the sympathetic nervous system (SNS) and the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis and this is a common cause of fatigue.
- Poor Nutrition or Digestion. Poor nutrition with high-glycemic, high-inflammatory foods and digestive issues with altered intestinal bacteria and abnormal function of the intestinal lining can lead to nutritional deficiencies which can lead to fatigue.
- Hormonal Imbalances. Imbalanced hormonal levels such as thyroid, testosterone, estrogen, progesterone can lead to fatigue.
- Anxiety and Depression. A common symptom of anxiety and depression is fatigue.
- Sedentary Lifestyle. Not getting enough exercise or physical activity can cause decease in the musculoskeletal and cardiovascular systems, which can lead to fatigue. More physical activity has been associated with better energy.