The Flu Shot and Our Immune System
BY: DR. MELINA ROBERTS
As cold and flu season quickly approaches, we start to think of ways to boost our immune system and fend off infections.
Problem with the Conventional Flu Shot
The conventional Flu Shot is a mixture of 3 strains of flu viruses mixed with a number of chemical preservatives and these strains are based on a prediction of what flu viruses some medical experts think will be the most problematic this season. This is really an impossible prediction to make when we have thousands of different strains of viruses that are continuously mutating.
The truth is that there are thousands of different strains of viruses that enter our environment daily. What it really comes down to is our own body’s ability to fight off infections. We will only get sick if our body is out of balance and our immune system is diminished. In order for viruses to survive and cause symptoms within the body they need an environment that will nourish them. Our best defense is our very own immune system, which needs to be strong in order to combat infections. The human’s immune system can be compromised by physical and psychological stress, poor nutrition, use of prescription drugs and environmental toxins.
Ways we can boost our immune system:
- Eat a diet that is high in whole, natural foods. Processed foods and inflammatory foods (such as wheat and cow’s dairy) can be a burden on the immune system.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. This will help to flush out toxins.
- Get a good night sleep of at least 7-8 hours. Give the body the energy that it needs to fight off any infections.
- Exercise regularly. Physical activity will stimulate the immune system.
- Take a probiotic. By balancing your digestive system, you will be supporting your immune system.
- Add Vitamin C (1000mg) and Zinc (30mg) to your health routine. These will support the immune system.
- Get a Natural Immune Boosting shot. It is safe and effective with no side effects or harmful additives.